Thursday, December 13, 2007

daily paint, December 13th, 2007

Hello there!

Well, 4 1/2 hours later, we determined Brent (the resident 16 year old) did NOT rupture his spleen OR crack a rib, but I don't think he will be snowboarding for at least 24 hours. Sigh. I suppose I'll have to sell about five paintings to pay for that trip:(

At any rate, as promised here's the finished (?) cleaned up version of the recent canvas which we have decided to call 'Boogie Board Instruction'. As the temperature is supposed to drop to 3 degrees in Spencer tonight, I think it will be quite pleasant to gaze at.
Also a quick peek at what just hopped up onto the easel, something like a castle, I think.

Ok, we will work on that one tomorrow. Right now, it's time to call it a day!
Later, Cooper

2 comments:

Janell said...

At this point, this image reminds me of the St. John's Lutheran Church about 6-8 miles(?) southeast of Lyons, NE. Or the one inIowa that inspired the hymn, "Oh, come come come come to the church in the Wildwood, oh come to the church in the vail... no spot is so dear to my childhood as the little brown church in the vale..."

I have an image in my mind of what the "Church in the Wildwood" looked like, but I haven't figured out a way to capture it in a photograph. It looks like you will catch it in a painting.

Mary Connealy said...

Karen, please tell my Brent didn't hurt himself while posing for your picture, perhaps on the icy shores of Lake Okaboji? A mother who is willing to sacrifice for her art...sacrifice her son, that is!!!!