Monday, June 23, 2008

favorite book on painting the figure

Hi there,

I just got done uploading today's paint slinging episode images on my work blog. I do believe I mentioned progress that resulted from reviewing my favorite 'painting the figure' book. I should probably expound on that enough to at least give you a title and an author, huh? :)

Bodyworks, A Visual Guide To Drawing The Figure by Marbury Hill Brown
I probably appreciate it most from my overzealous visual point of view. This book does not tell you this bone goes here and that muscle does this---it SHOWS you. I always say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I do seem to be, ahem, developing a large collection of books on the subject of painting the figure. And guess what, the mailman brought me two more today. Abebooks.com sent me a handy online coupon that expired on June 19th. What else was I supposed to do? I chalk it up to continuing education, which is, I'm sure, tax deductable. :)

Later, Cooper

No comments: