Monday, June 23, 2008

the venerable competitor, yup, that's me

Howdy,

So I got this special little email this morning from an online competition that I sent a painting to. Apparently I am a finalist, but I am guessing everybody is a finalist :) At any rate, here's the link: http://www.artflock.com/competition/emptyeasel/ so you can go look/vote!

The painting I sent, Amantes Dispuestos, is one of my all-time favs from the readers series, so even if everyone IS a finalist, I feel patting myself on the back over my entry is not a grevious error :) Sheesh. Back to the studio.


Amantes Dispuestos 20 x 30 inches, acrylic on canvas
Later, Cooper


By the way, what I painted over the weekend will NEVER grace the portal of ANYBODY'S competition. Yesterday I grabbed a charcoal pencil and scribbled all over it trying to locate my error/s. For all those of you who question life drawing or painting the nude figure: aaach! The red dress (scroll way down to the bottom of the post) this person is wearing will not cooperate and I KNOW it's because her hips are crooked in there somewhere. I will of course update you on today's paint slinging at a future hour !