Saturday, August 23, 2008

Artsplash, Art Fair, Sioux City

Good morning!

What a beautiful one it is! We will be hopping right on that mammoth weekend 'to do' list once again. But before we go there, just a few updates.

Artsplash is an art fair held in Sioux City, Iowa at Chris Larsen Park on the banks of the Missouri River. We have the dates of:

Friday, August 29th, 4-8pm preview
Saturday, August 30, 10am-7pm
Sunday, August 31, 10am-5pm

Yours truely will be located in booth space #47. Please stop by. I have new paintings for you to see: A large (40 x 40") street scene painting, a cafe scene painting, and if I paint mistake-free this week, a painting of a group of string musicians.

Also on the horizon are two publications. The DailyPalette is a University of Iowa online publication, who with a few simple clicks on their RSS feed, gives you daily artwork by the artist of the day. Sometimes it's a visual artist, sometimes a writer (yes, lots of cool poetry) Definitely you will want to have done the appropriate clicking by October 7th so the featured artist of THAT day absolutely makes it to your inbox. October 7th featured artist: me!

Coming in October I will also be the featured artist in My Home magazine. The color and photography in this magazine are truely amazing, eye candy to the max. I am excited to see how the feature turns out!

And then there is A.R.T. That's the Northwest Iowa Artisans Road Trip. The dates this year are October 4th and 5th. It's called a road trip because YOU get to take the trip and your destination is artist locations all along the 'creative corridor' of northwest Iowa. We will be exhibiting AND demonstrating our work for you. I would love to send you a copy of the road trip book, which has bios and sample artwork from each exhibiting artist as well as a map and directions of how to reach each artist. I will be easy to find this year, as I am exhibiting/painting with a painter friend at the Pearson Lakes Art Center in Okoboji, Iowa. Again, if you'd like a copy of the book, just leave a note here or on the contact page on my website.

Ok, Saturday morning list, here I come.

Later, Cooper

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

Karen, I am working on Ivan to come Friday night. Saturday and Sunday are just not going to work. We've got all the kids coming home for the Labor Day weekend.

I'll emphasis the wine with him. :)