Sunday, March 11, 2007

"A Painting A Day"

Hello, and happy Sunday afternoon to you!

I have been looking at all the "painting a day" people's sites, and there are many. Way to go, and congratulations to you all. It's not nearly as easy as it sounds. For those unfamiliar with the phrase and it's use, it literally means an artist commits to painting a work of art each day. Yes, it's allowed to be smaller, and ok, it's not as complex as usual.

I would love to say that I'm there, I'm getting it done, BUT no, not yet. So, is there anyone out there who wants to form a "painting every 2 1/2 to 3 days" group? No, I'm not serious. I am continuing to push for the one a day. Just watch, I'll get there.

As for today, I uploaded a piece that I started at a studio group session, and finished up yesterday. Actually, you get to see three jpgs of it---one, as it looked after the studio session, two, where I played with a copy of the image to find a solution for finishing it, and three, as it is now, and if you look close, yeah, it's signed, so maybe it's done. (maybe!) Ok, time to post.

Later, Karen




No comments: