Monday, February 25, 2008

acrylic painting, February 25th, 2008

Hello everybody!

It's a windy night in Spencer, Iowa! We started the day with husband-sliding-kind-of-ice. My spouse was supposed to leave for work at 5:30 this morning. I watched him head out the driveway and slide right across the street and into the snow bank on the other side. So he managed to get his vehicle back in the driveway and came back in the house. Aaaah, Monday. The ice was followed by snow. School said '2 hour late start' and then gave up and called the whole day. The snow stopped by mid afternoon, and I was still hoping for a slight chance to work with the Monday night life drawing group. After I was done at the greenhouse for the day, I buzzed north out of town to check the highway---yeah, the wind had decided to warp out to gale-force, and highway 71 was a white out. So, I cranked up my happy little ceramic heater in the studio and painted some more sunshine and warm breezes onto the street cafe scene painting that I have been working on. I have earlier photos posted on the project blog, and here's one that has tonight's work included.

Later, Cooper

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

All that sunlight under a story about skidding across the street!

Thank heaven's for art. Take me away from the reality of winter!!!