Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Acrylic painting on February 12th, 2008 At The Cooper Studio

Greetings everybody!
Winter is still here, and in utter defiance, I am still painting summer. 'Summer School Student' got parked a little too close to the easel, so when I started the day it was begging me for just a little more paint. I obliged. I like it even more.


On the project blog I confessed to photo amnesia (or something like that) Still feeling the inspiration from the Kevin Macpherson book, I am trying to start or 'block in' a new painting everyday. (note that the word finish is not included in that phrase) So I started blocking in a nice summery-flower-picking-kind of painting, and I just kept going. I suppose I should get the book back out to read and see if that's legal, huh? :) In regard to the project blog, the idea is to take photos at various stages to show the painting's progress, and from that point of view--oops. But sometimes when you are on a roll, eh, you know what I mean. But the flower-picking painting---it needs more paint, and I'll try to squeeze in a few extra photos tomorrow.

Later, Cooper

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

You're planning (of course) to paint snow drifts in August, right?