Tuesday, January 22, 2008

daily paint, acrylic painting, January 21st, 2008

Howdy!
It's bloomin' cold in this town today! (Spencer, Iowa) I have a warm painting to show you, so hopefully that will help. I finished this (sort of) this morning, January 21st, 2008. It was started at open studio (Pearson Lakes Art Center) last Thursday night. It seemed like a good piece to begin on this morning as I have been paint-free for three days.

We had a great trip to Colorado. The Denver Museum of Art, a great little Greek restaurant, two questionable card games (Brent won both of them), but best of all, time with our Colorado kids. They have a new house, and it was nice to see them there---it's my THE MOM-hangup, where I always feel better if I can visualize them in their space:) And a very nice one it is, they even have a nifty little enclosed hot tub in the back yard. We opened the side doors so we could watch it snow while we mellowed in all that nice hot water:) Whoever dreamed up such a crazy concept was really a genius. Ok, here's the painting, acrylic painting on canvas, 16 x 20 inches, Studio Model Reading.


Later, Cooper

1 comment:

Mary Connealy said...

You're back already? I double checked the dates on the blog post and see I'm off a little. (No snarky comment necessary on that)
Okay, well, welcome home.
You know I've heard this too, that seeing where they live sort of eases your mind.