Thursday, January 10, 2008

new webzine for artists

Good morning,

I am stopping by the 'office machinery' quick before going in to paint. By the way, the view out my office windows this morning is stunning. As they are second floor windows, I see treetops and rooftops, and today they have a very gentle covering of fresh white snow. By now you know I could live quite well without the stuff, but today I am here to say that this edition is lovely!

First, I want to share that I am almost now permanently shaped like our office chair, as most of yesterday was spent working on my first 'artist newsletter'. It will be an email version, and if you'd like to see a copy, add yourself to the email subscribers on my website. Easy to do, just click on the 'email newsletter' on the front page menu.

Second, I want to bring your attention to a new webzine for artists. It's located at http://createbetterpaintings.com/ . I will confess to seeing the advance notice several weeks ago, putting my name in, and telling myself I can always cancel after seeing the first edition. So guess what, I just visited paypal to make the subscription official. I was extremely pleased with the first issue. Five featured artists include Mary Alice Brackman, Margaret Dyer, Susan Lyon, Misty Martin, and Robert Moore, including tutorials-yes! A person could spend a lot of time there! I recommend you stop by to see it.

Ok, time to go spread some paint around!

Later, Cooper

3 comments:

Celso said...

Congratulations. Very good work. Sorry about my bad English.

Mary Connealy said...

You created a newsletter? You are such a good girl.

Hey, I found this today and just thought it was perfect.
It's a web site with inspirational quotes and it's mainly aimed at writers but they work for artists too. Honestly, they'd work for anyone.
http://www.writeattitude.net/quotes.php
I could have stayed there and read all day. Here's one I loved.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

- Calvin Coolidge

Mary Connealy said...

Oh, and I signed up for the newsletter so bring it on. :)